Thursday 7 July 2011

My Dream job

I was interviewed by The Style Circus, I really do have a brilliant job!



Award winning personal stylist and all-round style guru Lisa Talbot is on a mission to get people looking and feeling fantastic.

She speaks to The Style Circus about her simply fabulous career and lets us into some top style secrets too.

  • What made you want to become a personal stylist?

I believe that everyone has the ability to look good and more importantly, feel good, all of the time. I wanted to become a personal stylist so that I could help the everyday woman (and man) look amazing just by teaching them the ‘tricks of the trade’.

  • What are the best bits?

Seeing my clients smile when they see themselves in the mirror and watching them grow with confidence into their new personal style.

  • The worst?

When I have a client who refuses to try on anything different. This makes life so so difficult, as I know what will suit their shape and personality but sometimes people just don’t want to listen!

  • Who’s been your favourite client and why?

It’s really hard to choose but my client the other week was lovely. She listened to all of my findings but more importantly she understood why I had chosen them and was willing to try new colours and shapes.

She tried on a dress that made her look a million dollars and then burst into tears. It was so lovely to see her smile and say “wow, I look amazing.” I knew then that I have the most rewarding job ever

  • What are the worst style mistakes people make?
There are a couple of common mistakes. 1) Many people just don’t dress to suit their body shape and 2) Both women and men wear baggy clothes to hide their figures because they think they’ll look better when in fact this actually makes them look worse. A little bit of structure in the right place takes pounds of us all!
  • How can people improve their look without it costing the earth?
Everyone is different but it could be by simply wearing make up or having a more modern hair cut. Colour automatically injects some fun into any wardrobe and also, just by adding a couple that suit your body shape, anyone can easily update their luck.
  • How would you describe your personal style?
I’m a bit of a tomboy at heart so I love jeans! I have a very natural personality but also have a tendency for items which are quirky. I think many people would say that I’m definitely a ‘less is more’ girl.
  • Why do you love being a personal stylist?
I love fashion and I have a real love for people so this is the perfect career for me! I really do have the best job in the world and love going to work as I can make a big difference to my clients’ lives, simply by showing them what suits they body shape, personality and lifestyle.

And there you have why I do this fantastic job...but it never feels like work, I am very lucky!

Lots of love
Lisa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...