Monday 20 February 2012

A Nation of bad dressers




Vivienne Westwood, the iconic fashion designer has come out and said we are a Nation of bad dressers: Everyone looks the same and their clothes have never been so ugly, says Vivienne Westwood

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2103601/Vivienne-Westwood-Everyone-looks-clothes-ugly.html#ixzz1muv0ZsJL

Vivienne, as we all know is an artistic designer whose creations are not for the faint hearted nor her own personal style.
She goes on to say that with the high street and the disposable fashion industry we now have that we are losing our sense of individuality and identity.

In some ways I can see what she is saying but I am also a firm believer that with the wonderful high street that we have we are able to create our own look in a cost effective way and/or to suit our budget. I know, from the clients that I see and from myself personally that we do end up stuck down the end of a style road and don't know which way to turn. I think, this is just because life becomes so busy we do lose some of our indentity.

I do know that what you wear has a massive bearing on both your personality and lifestyle and more importantly in how you feel and I dont think Dame Vivienne is bearing that in mind.

So, ladies, are we really worrying about this outspoken comment........I think I can hear a resounding NO. All I would ask is that you don't panic about what's in the high street and what the trends are doing.

My tip is to spend time ( and it doesn't have to be alot ) wandering around the stores, look at the colours and the styles, what you will start to see is that all the high street stores are carrying the same colours, styles and shapes, they just twist them to suit their own customer base.
Be brave and try on something new this season, it's amazing how great you will feel when you look in that mirror.

lots of love
Lisa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...